Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cultivating Creativity & Peace



Happy to be sleeping under my fabulous Swoon quilt!  Below is what I received back from Abby at Latimer Lane.  I chose the Cotton Seed edge to edge design, and I think it looks great!  It got nice & crinkly after washing.




The Machine Binding Tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew saved me & my quilts from a horrid frame job.  See Below:


Then, because the baby has been born-  Happy Birthday Noah!!  I started & finished a baby quilt from my bestest friend Kim:


I hope Noah gets lots of snuggling done in this quilt!  My favorite block is the wonky star with the fussy cut whale in the center.  I had success again with the binding!  Phew, wiping sweat from brow...

Puppy paw prints in the morning snow!
Puppy play by the fire



In my life, outside of quilting, or maybe because of the peace I feel when quilting I have decided to change my job.  I am leaving the acute care setting of the hospital to start caring for people in the comfort of their own homes.  I am excited to bring the peace I have cultivated at home to my job!
I've been a cardiac nurse for over 6 years in the chaos of the hospital setting, and look forward to a slower pace.  I no longer appreciate my 13-hour shift and the amount of energy it takes to go strong for that long!  Wish me luck, this is a big change, but truly an exciting one.  Leaving my long-time friends will be so hard, but of course I anticipate seeing them away from the hospital.

Linking up with Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.

5 comments:

  1. I love your Swoon quilt! I see you are thinking about a long arm. DO IT! I love mine dearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I want to, get the longarm that is! Thanks for the encouragement. Waiting on some $...

      Delete
  2. your swoon is absolutely stunning, and good luck to you in your new career venture!

    Thanks for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. Glad you have Needle & Thread Thursday. I like to surf around and see all the gorgeous creativity out there.

      Delete
  3. I just came across your blog and wanted to say good luck on the new job! I worked as a pca, cna and then an rn in home care. It was all wonderful, I'll get back to it some day! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete