Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Couple o' Finishes For Ya


I purchased the Go Anywhere Bag Pattern:  via Noodlehead and now I have this!!



The red fabric is from Joel Dewberry, and the other fabric with multiple colors is from Valori Wells.



Fabulous Finish, I say.  I also dabbled over at the Why Not Sew blog.  Click the link to get to the Letter Holder tutorial.

The purple fabric is a Joel Dewberry, from the Aviary Collection I believe.

What I learned this week:

Completing something I feel is beautiful feels wonderful.  Talking the Go Anywhere Bag here.

I like adjusting patterns to my needs.  Usually, when cooking, I always follow the recipe the first time I make something.  I start making adjustments after that.  With sewing, I can tell how I like things, and I make adjustments from the first time sewing.  That way I truly enjoy what I make.  Still learning about cooking so I'm too intimidated to make too many changes...  I adjusted the letter holder to not include patchwork, and adjusted the binding to what I liked for the overall look.

Fabrics that showed up at my house this week:



From the Sew Sweet Shoppe on Etsy.  I saw on The Fabric Shopper that this wonderful business is closing shoppe...  So I cruised into their Etsy store and they have wonders galore & sales to match.  I also ordered & received my first bolt of a Bella Solid in white from the Fat Quarter Shop.  There's a bolt in my house!  No excuses for needing white now...


Linking up with 627 Handworks:


1 comment:

  1. What cute projects! That is such a great bag. I understand what you mean about adjusting things to suit your needs!

    I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete