Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Swooning

I'm gonna Swoon along with some others over at: Fairy Face Designs and the Swoon Flickr group.  Mine is made with fabrics from Amy Butler's Lark line...


I'm also working on a larger Giant Vintage Star Quilt from the pattern over at In Color Order.  This time I cut the 18" squares in half via the diagonal as instructed, but instead of putting them aside for another project I'm enlarging the quilt.  So each component of the star is a half 18" square block.  Large!  Love!

Not sewn up yet.  Laying in wait on my guest queen-size bed.  Waiting for my Bella Bleached White (9900-97) fabric to arrive.  I bought my first bolt, from the Fat Quarter Shop.  Yay, for nicely priced bolts!  The owner Kimberly Jolly replied to my email asking about purchasing entire bolts quickly.  I love her last name, lovvvve it!

I've a bit of a list happening over here:  quilts & bags to make!  I like it, as far as lists go.

I've got to wait for the white fabric to show up before I can make more Swoon blocks, what to do, what to do...

Fabric that made its way to my home this week:

Giggs showing my fabric finds.















3 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, one day I am going to get started on a Swoon too. By the way, if you change your blogger profile to add an email, I would reply to the lovely comments your leave on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne- The Swoon is so fulfilling! One block ends up at 24.5". I think I adjusted my profile correctly, thanks for the heads up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne I love you swoon blocks! I have been waiting on the right fabric before i dive into making one though. Yours are beautiful! BTW i love your dog she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete