Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

A 4th Quarter Finish-A-Long List

Coming up with a list of items to move forward on...

First, of course, includes the Swoon Quilt for our bedroom:
I just completed the last block and there it rests on our bed for me to decide the space between blocks, borders etc, so it fits our bed- yes, I'm taking into consideration shrinkage from quilting.

1.
I would like to complete the sashing & borders, communicate with & decide on a longarmer extraordinaire, and get the quilt ready and sent per their specifications.  Then, yes, I think I can  get it bound and on the bed! (depending on the longarmer's schedule)  As long as I get it back by early to mid December, this should work.  I think, it depends on how much procrastination happens at each step in the process...

Then I've started my version of a low-volume quilt for our guest room- needs lots of love in there.  Bare  walls, bare bedding, bare windows, bare, bare did I say bare yet?

Soooo, I am going with ideas inspired from Fresh Lemon Quilts finished Solstice Star quilt.  I'm doing strips, just waiting for more fabric to arrive to continue onward & then I will do a column of stars.  The first star up there is from Fresh Lemon Quilts 2 Color Star Tutorial, which is easy-peasy following her directions and pictures.  From doing the Swoon blocks I found it easier not to cut the 3x3 pieces diagonally, but just sew them like any half-square triangle starting as a square and then cutting diagonally between the quarter inch seams.

2.
I would like to complete piecing this one with the low-volume fabric I await to arrive from Hawthorne Threads & Fabric.com.  I think I'll have to buy more fabric as well, I am trying not to repeat fabric choices and this will be Queen size!  So this one I would like to also get to a longarmer for quilting-just too big for my machine or for me or for me & my machine.   I've never sent a quilt to a longarmer to be completed.  I've never bound larger than a twin-size & I seem to be having difficulties binding lately.  That last bit of finishing the binding... and nice corners, and sometimes just the long straight-away gets too thick...  I'll keep learning that's to be sure.



3.
Giant Vintage Star Quilt- Yup, needs just a titch more quilting, then bound.



4.
Started from the Star Bright Quilt from Swim Bike Quilt Tutorial with modifications or really additions!  I've got to decide on what is next.  Blue?  Deep blue fading to low volume blue and then low volume yellow then be done??  Or keep it deep & dark?

5.
Another, but even larger Giant Vintage Star Quilt for a friend of mine to snuggle up in.  Yes, needs to be pieced then all the rest of it!


6.
Fabric pulled for an off center Lonestar Quilt for my son, inspired by the quilt I made for him when he was just a baby, and that has been well loved.


7.  Make nautical themed baby quilt for my friend's favorite cousin.  Have some of the fabric...


8.  Make these hand-pieced blocks into a wallhanging for my to-be mother-in-law.  She hand-pieced them long-ago and when giving me ALL of the fabric she has collected over the years we saw these, and I offered to make them into something for her.

Linking up with the 2013 Quarter 4 Quilt-A-Long with Leanne from She Can Quilt.





2 comments:

  1. Love all of the vintage star quilts you've got going. Hard to say if keeping it deep and dark or not....such a pretty mix you have so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Much!! Got a thing going for stars me thinks.

      Delete